Prof. Kameshwar Nath Singh
Department of Geography
Deen Dayal Upadhayay Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur
Mobile No. 09415212233,
1984 Ph.D. (Geography/ Rural Development), D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
1979 M. A. in Geography, Ist Division, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
1977 B. A. Ist Division, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
2006-current Professor in Geography, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
1998-2006 Reader in Geography, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
1987-1998 Senior Lecturer in Geography, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
1984-1987 Ad hock Lecturer in Geography, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, India
Honors and Awards:
2015 “Geography teacher award-2015” for outstanding contribution in Geography by The Deccan Geographical Society Pune.
2012 Distinguish Citizen award by Yuva Chetna Samiti, Gorakhpur.
2008 U. P. state level award for outstanding contribution in National Service Scheme, Ministry of Youth and Sport, Government of India.
1994 Yung Geographer award by Purvanchal Bhoogolvid Parisad.
1982 DAAD visiting fellowship, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany.
1978 National scholarship, Government of India.
- Experience in Research methodology, data collection, data interpretation and investigation of major research projects sponsored by ford foundation, I.C.S.S.R., U. G. C. and Council of Science and Technology Uttar Pradesh.
- Extensive field work at micro level in abroad Germany, Luxemburg, Belgium and various Geographical Regions of India.
- Resource person for orientation and refresher course organized by Academic Staff College, Nehru Yuva Kendra, NSS program officers training centre, District Land Use Development Council and disaster management.
Development of course curriculum that stresses application of geographical knowledge for enhancement of quality of life. Broadly based education by giving equal weight to physical and human geography and field exposure. Using active learning and in-class discussions to encourage students to be creative and think critically. Strong and firm believe in thought “think globally but act locally”.
Environment and Regional Eco-development, Resource Management specially Integrated Land and Water management and public issues and policy with view point of SAMVIKAS (integrated, balanced and sustainable development).
- Transport Network in Rural Development, Institute of Rural Eco- development, ISBN: 81-900095-4- 0, IRED, Gorakhpur.1988, p.183.
- India and Adjacent Countries, Gyanodaya Prakashana, Gorakhpur, 1998, 380.
- World Geography: Regional Pattern, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur 1999, p.430.
- Physical Geography, Gyanodaya Prakashan, ISBN: 81-7487-236-1, Gorakhpur, 1999.p.430.
- Indian Ocean and Coastal Regions, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 1999, p.305.
- Transport Geography, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 2003, p.180.
- Integrated Land and Water Management (Edited), IERD Gorakhpur, with financial help of U.P. Land use Development Council Lucknow, 2004, p.310.
- Fundamentals of Practical Geography, Part-I Gyanodaya Publication, Gorakhpur, 2005, p.160.
- Fundamentals of Practical Geography, Part-II Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 2006, p.130.
- Regional Geography of World, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 2008, p.123.
- The Geography of India, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 2008, p.350.
- Land and Water Management for Food Security, ISBN 81-7487-726-6, Radha Publications, New Delhi, 2011, p.310.
- Holistic Development: A Geographical Perspective, ISBN 81-7487- 784-3, Radha Publications, New Delhi, 2012, p. 421.
- Delimitation of Channel Migration Zones in Ganga Sub-Basin Using Remote Sensing & GIS, ISBN: 978-93-83247-07-3, ASR Publications, Ghaziabad, 2014, p. 120.
- Arthik Bhoogol ke Mool Tatva, Gyanodaya Prakashan, Gorakhpur, 2013
- Human Geography, Gyanodaya Prakashan, 2014.
- Statistics in Social Sciences, ASR Publications, Ghaziabad, (in press).
- Communication Geography, ASR Publications, Ghaziabad (in press).
- Practical Geography Volume III, Gyanodaya Prakashan, (in press).
Research Papers : 60
Major Research Projects:
2013-onwards: “Integrated land and water management with special reference to Rapti basin, U.P., India”. Financed by U. G. C. New Delhi. (Principal Investigator)
2012 Monitoring Rapti River Configuration for Public Utility Management: using Remote Sensing & GIS, Financed by Council of Science and Technology, C.S.T. U.P. (Principal Investigator)
2011 Telecommunication and Emerging Spatial Realities- A case study of Saryupar Plain, Financed by U.G.C (Principal Investigator)
1990 “The Impact of Irrigation on Socio- Economic development” Ford Foundation, U.S.A. (Project Fellow).
1988 “Typology of Development and Rural Settlement Transformation in Middle Ganga Plain” Financed by U.G.C. (Project Fellow)
1982 “Urban Fringe study of West Germany and Indian cities, Institute of Geography, Ruhr University Bochum, West Germany. (Project Fellow)
Institute of Geography, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany as Research Assistant in joint research project entitled “Development and planning of urban fringes with special reference to nine Indian and German Cities.”
Practical training within North Rhein West falia and South Germany, Belgium and Netherland.
Visit of Belgium, Luxemburg, Sweden, Netherland and Nepal.
2015 Mr. Ravi Sen Singh, “Geographical Analysis of Assembly Election: 2007- a case study of Faizabad Mandal, U.P. ”. (submitted)
2014 Dr. Pramod Kumar, “The Population and Quality of Life of S.C. and S. T. in Gopalganj District (Bihar)”.
2014 Dr. Sanjaya Rai, “The Role of Transport in Development of heavy Industries in Chhattisgarh”, 2014.
2009 Dr. Satyendra Kumar Singh, “Dynamics of Population and Eco-development in Bahraich”, 2009.
2007 Dr. Ram Pal Yadava, “Accessibility and Rural Development in Mahrajganj”, 2007.
2007 Dr. Govind Sharan Singh, “National Highway and Industrial Development in U.P.”.
- Ashok Kumar Srivastava, “Population Dynamics and Quality of Life in Tarai Region of U.P.”.
- Anil Singh, “Geographical Analysis of Assembly Election, 2002- a case study of Basti Division, U.P. ”
- Ugrasen Singh, “National Highway and Industrialization in Rajasthan”
2000 Dr. Kusum Singh, “Female Literacy in Eastern U. P. (India)”
1999 Dr. Vinod Kumar, “Agro-based Industries in Gonda (U.P.)”
1995 Dr. O. P. Shukla, “Land use in perspective of Eco-development”
1992 Dr. D. P. Singh, “Roads and area development Azamagarh (U.P.)”
Current Ph.D. Supervision
- Km. Mainsha Tiwari: “Urbanization and Rural Development in Mau District”
- Km. Shalini: “Geographical analysis of assembly election 2012 in Gorakhpur division”
- Km. Nandani: “Women empowerment in Devipatan division, U.P.
- Abhimanyu: “Land use pattern in Azamagarh District, U.P.”
- Kamelsh Prasad: “Impact of National highway on Urbanization”
- Ravi Prakash Mall: “Land use changes in Rapti Basin”
Responsibility/Membership of International/National/State/University Committees:
2015 Corresponding member, International Geographical Union Commission on ‘Local and Regional development’ in leadership of Michael Sofer, Department of Geography and Environment Bar-llan University Ramat-Gan, Israel, Chairman, IGU Commission on local and regional development.
2014-15 Vice-President, National Association of Geographers India (NAGI).
2013-14 Member Executive Committee: The Deccan Geographical Society, Pune.
Executive Member: Eastern Geographers, Utkal University, Bhubaneswar (Orissa).
- 2008 – onwards Executive Editor : Journal of Eco-Development.
- 2006-07 Member, Advisory Board, National Service Scheme, Ministry of Youth and Sports, Government of India.
- 1992 to onwards – Gen. Secretary, Association of North India Geographers, Department of Geography Gorakhpur University Gorakhpur.
- 1992 to onwards Co-Editor, Uttar Bharat Bhoogol Patrika Research Journal, Department of Geography Gorakhpur, University Gorakhpur.
- 1988 to onwards Gen. Secretary, Institute for Rural Eco- development, Gorakhpur.
Other Professional Assignments:
- Member: Academic Council, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- Member: Board of studies, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Dr. R.M.L. Avadh University Faizabad, J. P. University Chhapara, Bihar, B.R.A. B.U. Muzaffarpur.
- Member: Research degree committee, Dr. R.M.L. Avadh University Faizabad, J. P. University Chhapara, Bihar, Ruhelkhand University Bareilly, U.P.
- Expert Member of Higher Education Commission, U. P. Higher Secondary Education Selection Board and several Universities as well as Public Service Commission of different states.
- Founder of Nishi Gaur Yung Researcher Award.
- Founder member of Kisan P. G. College Raksa, Ballia, Harihar Prasad Dubey P. G. College Jaiti, Gorakhpur, Subhash Chand Bose Dgree College Turra Bazar, Dgree College Bansdih, Ballia.
Current University Assignments:
2011-onwards Warden, Nath Chandravat Hostel, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2014-2015 Convener, Evaluation Centre for Annual Examination, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2014-2015 Coordinator, Hostels allotment committee, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University Gorakhpur
2011-onwards Member, Anti Ragging Squad, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2008-2009 Chief, University Employment Bureau, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2004 – 2008 Coordinator, National Service Scheme, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur. Sponsored by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India.
2008-2009 Coordinator, Flying squad, University annual examinations, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2006-2007 Centre Superintendent, University Annual Examinations and Entrance Examinations, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
2005-2008 In charge, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University Guest House.
2001-2002 Executive Councilor, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, executive council.
1996-2004 Program Officer, National Service Scheme, D.D.U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur, Sponsored by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. of India.
1992-1995 Assistant Coordinator, Pre-admission test, Arts Faculty, D. D. U. Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur. (Three times)
1993 – onwards: Organizer/Convener ‘Prithavi Parva Seminar’ on eve of Vasant Panchami every year since 1993 at different Places.
2002 & 2007 Organizer/ Convener – Purvanchal Swadeshi Mela at Gorakhpur under supervision of Swadeshi Jagrana Manch, Bhartiya Vipdan Vikas Kendra (CBMD) and Bharat Vikas parishad.